Last modified: October 12th, 2020
Section 1. Introduction
1.1 Introduction. FACETS Healthcare Training, LLC ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://facetshealthcare.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; or
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
1.2 Where Policy Does Not Apply. It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Section 2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Section 3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
3.1 Type of Information Collection. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
3.2 How we Collect Information. We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; or
- From third parties, for example, the educational institution you attend.
3.3 Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
3.4 User Contributions. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
3.5 Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
(a) As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
- The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
4.2 No Control over Third Party Collection. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Section 5. How We Use Your Information
5.1 Use of Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; and
- For any other purpose with your signed consent, but only if we provide the type of information to be disclosed, the purpose of the disclosure, and the parties receiving the disclosure.
5.2 Goods of Interest to You. We will not use your information to contact you about third-parties' goods and services.
5.3 Displaying Advertisements. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display targeted advertisements.
Section 6. Disclosure of Your Information
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose with your signed consent, but only if we provide the type of information to be disclosed, the purpose of the disclosure, and the parties receiving the disclosure.;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
6.2 Non-Disclosure of Your Information. Company may use user data to advertise or market to you, or your parents, if you are a student. If you are a student, advertising or marketing may be directed to your educational institution only if your information is properly de-identified and contains no reference to your personally identifiable information, the educational institution you attend, or your location.
Section 7. Terms Specific to Student Users
This Section applies exclusively to student users of the Website (whether set up with an individual account or an access code through a school account) and not to educational institutions. You agree that Company may disclose your personal information and information regarding your use of the Website for any one or more of the following purposes:
- to your educational institution, upon your educational institution’s request, to satisfy the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act’s (FERPA) parental access requirements; or
- to your educational institution, for the purpose of tracking and reporting your training on our Website to a state accrediting organization, in compliance with FERPA’s exception under 34 CFR § 99.31.
Section 8. Terms Specific to Educational Institutions
8.1 Disclosure of Student User Data. This Section 8 applies exclusively to Educational Institution users of the Website and not student users (whether set up with an individual account or an access code through a school account). Company may disclose the information regarding student user’s that attend Your Educational Institution for the purposes stated in Section 7. You represent and warrant that any requests you make for information about student users (whether set up with an individual account or an access code through a school account) will not be in violation of your duties under FERPA. You will not disclose any student user data we share with You to any other party. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, You may disclose student user data to a state accrediting organization consistent with the FERPA exception under 34 CFR § 99.31, or to a student’s parent consistent with FERPA’s parental access requirements, or as otherwise permitted by FERPA.
8.2 Your Protection of Student User Data. You, as an educational institution, will store and process any student user data that We disclose to you in accordance with industry best practices. This includes appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure student user data from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use.
Section 9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
9.1 Control over Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We will not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. We will not use the information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver targeted advertisements.
9.2 Third Party Control. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
9.3 Nevada Residents. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
9.4 California Residents. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Section 10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
10.1 Accessing Your Information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Section 11. Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Section 12. Data Security
12.1 Security Measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and other interactions with the Website will be encrypted using SSL technology.
12.2 Your Disclosure of Information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
12.3 Data Breach. Company will also have a written incident response plan, to include prompt notification to student users (whether set up with an individual account or an access code through a school account) and school users in the event of a security or privacy incident, as well as best practices for responding to a breach of personally identifiable information. .
12.4 No Guarantees. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Section 14. Contact Information